Save Money, Travel Smarter. With Travel-Travel-Travel.
See some of the best available deals for flights to your destination!
Would you like a discount on your hotel room too? No Problem!
If you’re in a rush, try our vacation packages and save big time!
Start Your Travel Planning HereDiscover our Top Destinations
Read Our Travel Tips & Advice For Traveling Abroad
2020 may be over, but the COVID-19 pandemic is far from it. While on one side we do have vaccines being administered to millions, on the other hand are looming issues such as the lack of enough quantity vaccines, the occurrence and severity of adverse reactions, and most of all, their durability against new coronavirus variants.
While mutations and variants are common for any pathogen (COVID-19 virus alone is said to have around 4000 of them), some in particular stand out and prove to be lethal as they circulate their way into the population. The United Kingdom (UK), as it turns out, happens to be one of the ‘origin areas’ of one of these variants. Discovered in November 2020, this particular variant has been estimated to have circulated in the country since as early as September 2020, and a high incidence of infections from it caused the UK to enter into yet another strict lockdown.
The lockdown, which is set to stay in place till at least March 2021, involves rules and regulations that are in many ways, stricter than the ones set on the onset of the first wave of COVID-19 in 2020. It has essentially put to an end the various relaxations that were being made for the foreseeable future.
Below we will find out the ways in which the ongoing pandemic and its recent developments have affected the state of travel for the UK.
Traveling to the UK
The government has released its own list of countries from which arrivals are currently banned – no matter the circumstances. The only exception to this rule are British citizens and residents who wish to return to their home country.
At the onset of the previous lockdown, the rules for those entering the UK were pretty relaxed. While the country did close its border to international travelers, they allowed citizens and residents to return. Upon arrival, there was no testing or obligation to get quarantined. Of course, this soon changed with the rising numbers of incidence of the disease, whereupon, all arrivals were tested for the virus, but only those who tested positive were to go under mandatory quarantine.
The story of this lockdown, however, is very different. While the government has allowed need and importance-based arrivals into the UK from specific countries, the first thing they have to do is present a COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of arriving in the UK. They must also spend a mandatory period in hotel quarantine. This applied regardless of the status of citizenship and/or whether they test positive or negative for the virus.
The minimum period for quarantine is 10 days.
Traveling from the UK
Unlike the former situation, traveling from the UK to other countries – be it for travel or business is a much tedious affair.
Unless the travel deals with the completion essential services (such as trade of food, medicines and other important supplies), acute emergencies (such as specific medical procedures), or high-priority diplomatic missions, traveling from the UK is completely prohibited.
The government has also put a law in place for lying. If residents leaving the country on an emergency basis are found to have lied about their international whereabouts, they face up to £10,000 in fines and/or up to 10 years in jail. This is unlike any of the other previous national lockdowns.
For UK residents, these developments come at the most unfortunate time. Given as most vacations happen during the summer (March to July), and bookings are done in advance, there are several doubts as to whether it is even sensible to book holidays (both domestic and international).
Even as vaccinations are being done at record speed (not to mention that the UK is the first country to come up with it in the first place), and the end of the current national lockdown being set in March, the uncertainty is at an all-time high. This is in no small part due to the fact that the death rate from COVID-19 is at an all-time high and that despite all measures, it has been extremely difficult to bring the number of daily new cases under control.
Throughout its history, air travel has maintained a record of changing with times and events. From technological advancements to the arrival of jet engine planes, to Transport Security Administration rules, and disasters such as the Hindenburg explosion and the more recent grounding of the Boeing 737 Max - several events have altered the way air travel works.
The COVID-19 epidemic is no exception to this. What had started out as a handful of novel corona-virus cases in December 2019 turned out to become a mass-scale global pandemic soon after, putting practically all of the world under lock down and essentially pausing all air travel. All for wait for a cure or a vaccine.
With over 10 months of the pandemic already passed, however, the world is moving on to adjusting to a new normal. With no vaccine or cure in sight still, both businesses, authorities and entities are now executing their operations in a way that best matches the current scenario.
Here are 5 ways in which the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way air travel works:
- Increased sanitization efforts: Cleanliness and sanitization is by far the first line of defense when it comes to prevention of disease caused by the very infectious novel corona-virus. And airlines on their part have made no hesitations to bring that into the fold of their activities. From platforms to baggage checking and from the inside of airplanes to offering passengers sanitizers themselves, airline operators are making sure to see that no stone remain un-turned – or rather, unsanitized. The results show too – those who have made their travels in a post-COVID world are quick to both observe and state in some way how things have become cleaner like they never were.
- Protective gear: Both airline and airport workers and passengers are now required to wear better protective gear. Gloves and mask are now compulsory items regardless of whether they are staff, crew or passenger. Additionally, air hostesses are mandatorily required to wear protective outfits along with masks and gloves, and not allowed to touch any unpacked food items by hand.
- Touch-less systems and innovations: Given that COVID-19’s transmission largely happens via touching, airports and airliners are making provisions to ensure that people need to touch as less things as possible to avoid any chances of infections. One of the best examples of this is United Airlines’ touch-less kiosks, which allow passengers to use baggage tags and boarding passes – without the need for touching anything.
- Socially distanced provisions: With social distancing being the norm of the hour, there is no way airliners could not follow it. Despite the disadvantages to revenue, airlines are adopting distancing into their systems in both conventional and innovative ways. The number of seats in planes have been reduced to half to avoid crowding. On the other hand, other areas of interaction such as waiting areas have too reduced their maximum capacity so that people do not become vulnerable. Restaurants, in the meantime have gone towards the more innovative route by adding table shields and marked waiting spaces to keep any potential crowding incidents at bay.
- Health and temperature checks: With no set medication for COVID-19 anywhere in near sight, prevention remains the best cure. And the literal best way to prevent this is to make sure that infected persons do not enter the scene in the first place. Though they are far from being foolproof, health and temperature screens indicate if someone is healthy or not, and a variation in the same can help weed out potentially infected persons.
As with most events, one can safely assume that new slew of rules and regulations will be here to stay, regardless where the novel corona-virus pandemic takes us.
The novel coronavirus is one of the world’s biggest health emergencies today. Officially called COVID-19, the disease, which originated from the city of Wuhan in China’s Hubei province, is now present in over 100 countries, having affected more than 1,00,000 people and claiming the lives of over 3,000 globally. Other than the fact that the disease spreads fast, not much is known about the its specifics.
Coupled with more events being cancelled and travel bans being imposed by the day, this has left many an international travelers in uncertainty. While many travelers are concerned as to whether they should suspend traveling or reap the benefits of wide-open award avail abilities, others are worried about their travel insurance status, and what their future would be should they have contracted the disease.
While only you can make the highly personal decision of continuing with or canceling your travel plans, here are some precautions you can take to minimize the chances of contracting COVID-19 when traveling as much as possible:
Before you travel…
- Know the symptoms: Knowledge is strength. The more you are well-versed about the symptoms of the disease, the more able you will be at identifying them before they get worse (if you or anyone close to you show them). Stay Up To Date on the latest news, but only stick to reliable sources. As there is a lot of fake news going around, it essential to know right from wrong.
- Check for health alerts: Before you embark on your travels, check whether your destination is under any high-level alert. For instance, the US has a Level 4 “do not travel” alert imposed for China and Italy. You are better off avoiding such high-risk places while you still can. Remember – you are always better off being healthy and safe.
- Be flexible with your travel plans: With the disease spreading rapidly all over the globe, you must consider being more flexible with your travel plans. To begin with, consider if your upcoming trip is absolutely essential, or if you can cancel or postpone it to a later date. Additionally, if your travel plans include any high-risk regions as a stopover, consider opting for alternative stopovers that have a lower health risk level.
- Check your travel insurance status: One of the biggest revelations that have surfaced with the spread of COVID-19 is the fact that most travel insurance policies do not cover any more than the absolute basics. It is therefore imperative that you check yours to see if it covers any inconveniences that you may encounter while travelling that is related to the novel coronavirus. If not, make sure to update your policy, and if needed, opt for a new one.
- Get vaccinated: While there is currently no vaccine for COVID-19 (the nearest timeline given is around 18 months), there are vaccines for other infections and diseases such as the flu, which have symptoms similar to the novel coronavirus. Getting vaccinated for these will not protect you from COVID-19, but it will
- Stock up on supplies: While it is not feasible to stock up on every single thing when you are traveling, it is important that you have the most important items to help keep yourself safe and protected against infections as much as possible. These include a portable bottle of handwash, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, an extra set of clean clothes and undergarments and a few handkerchiefs and towels.
- Wash your hands frequently: This simply cannot be stressed enough. Our hands are one of the biggest sources of spreading germs. Washing hands on a frequent basis helps wash off these germs, which can go a long way in preventing infections. Make it a point to use disinfecting handwash to wash your hands. In case that is not available, use a hand sanitizer that has at least 60% alcohol.
- Wear a mask: Wearing a mask when you are out in public will help you prevent from getting affected by any germs that may be traveling in the air, and against respiratory droplets. Make it point to wear your mask especially if you are sick (or showing symptoms yourself), and when you are in crowded places.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth: Hand to orifice transmissions is the second biggest way to spread germs (besides air and respiratory droplets). While washing hands does go a long way in preventing the stay of germs, it is not entirely foolproof. Make a conscious effort to not touch your eyes, nose and mouth, especially when you are outdoors. If a situation arises where you must, make sure to disinfect your hands before you take them near your face.
- Avoid contact with those who show symptoms: According to guidelines, it is important to make a minimum of 1-meter distance from those who show symptoms of the COVID-19 disease. While these symptoms (such as cold and coughs) are not exclusive to the infection caused by the novel coronavirus, it is important for you to maintain safe distance as a precaution.
- Cooperate and be patient: Traveling these days is something that can and does involve several uncertainties. As travel advisories are being issued, flights are being cancelled and/or redirected, and people are being thermally checked and even being placed under quarantine as a precautionary measure, there is a fair chance for developments such as these to affect you. If you do get caught up in any such situations, make sure to cooperate and be patient. Bear in mind that they are being done for your own good.
For most people, the opportunity to travel abroad is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Be it for a project, for business, or for leisure and vacation, traveling to a new country and immersing yourself in a new way of life can bring a lot of perspective. That being said, traveling abroad can be as much a nightmare as it can be a dream come true if you don’t have your process in place.
Traveling abroad is very exciting Here are some vital things to know before you embark on your out-of-country journey:
Knowledge is Power: It may sound boring and tedious but doing thorough research on your destination is one of the best and most rewarding things you can ever do. The reason is very obvious - while you know practically all there is to know about your home country, your knowledge on a foreign one is naturally next to none. Updating yourself on that allows you to know the essential things, which in turn helps you navigate your way when you reach there – both literally and figuratively.
Your Passport is Your Life: Without your passport, you will not even be allowed to go near an airplane. And without your passport in a foreign country, it will be very difficult for you to prove your identity, let alone citizenship. Always make sure that your passport is with you at all times and keep copies of it both at home (with someone you trust) and with you that you can easily use in case you happen to lose or misplace it.
If you don’t have insurance, you cannot afford to travel: Many consider insurance to be a fickle matter - the truth, however, couldn’t be farther than that. Health issues and calamities happen all the time, be it to you personally or in your destination at large. Having an insurance in place helps you be compensated for any troubles that you encounter that are beyond your control. In the event that you do have insurance, make sure it has all the adequate coverage.
Always Carry Prescriptions: Laws for medications vary from one country to another – for instance, a medicine that is available over-the-counter in your country, may not be available at all your destination country. Having a valid doctor’s prescription that lists all of your medications and vaccines makes the status of your medical needs, requirements and statuses legal. Additionally, it prevents you from running into any potential troubles that may arise due to differences in the availability of medicines.
Money Matters are Important: Apart from documents, money is the one pivoting aspect upon which the success (or failure) of your entire trip. As important it is to save on money, it is important to save the money you have from prying eyes and hands. Make sure you know about currency conversion rates, so that you can do your math and plan your expenditures accordingly. Next, make sure that your cards remain valid in the destination country – in the event that that is not the case, do get a card that does work. Try to make all your transactions in banks or ATMs instead of conversion centers, as they have a tendency to rip-off people in the name of conversion rates.
Traveling abroad is one of life’s best experiences, but it is also very labor-intensive. Not only do you need to spend an inordinate amount of time in having to pack (and unpack), you also need to ensure that you are complying to every rule and regulation out there.
Here is an international travel checklist that you can keep handy the next time you are planning for that international getaway:
When you are traveling, living out of your suitcase is pretty much the norm. Therefore, you must keep your bags and suitcase(s) extremely organized. Granted, it can be a challenge to keep a large variety of gear in what is essentially one box, but there are ways in which you can keep things organized without having to spend too much time and energy:
- Make a checklist: While the task is admittedly boring, it will pay off in terms of you having to spend much less time on the inconveniences of rummaging through your bags time and again later on. Keeping your trip and activities in mind, make a list of all the items you will need, and put them down on a paper.
- Use packing organizers: Packing organizers help make space-saving compartments in your bags, which will help you store more stuff in a more efficient fashion. It makes unpacking a much simpler task, as know exactly where every item is. You can simply take out your organizers and slide them into your drawers, instead of having to literally unpack and repack.
- Pack proper clothing: Tempting as it is to pack every single thing you like, it is not something you can afford to do with a limited packing space. The smart thing to do is include a few basics, tops and bottoms that you can easily layer and change around. Additionally, make sure that the clothing you carry are sober and respectful to the culture of your destination.
Pack a Toiletry Bag
Personal care is very important when you are traveling. You must, therefore, have a compact, convenient and most importantly rule-compliant toiletry bag that can help you be at your personal best.
Ideally, your toiletry bag should have two sections, one for your personal items and another for medications and safety items.
The personal item section should have essential toiletries such as toothpaste and toothbrush, mouthwash, a comb and a hairbrush, clips and pins (if applicable), deodorant, conditioner and shampoo, sunscreen, face cleanser, moisturizer, a towel, basic makeup (if applicable), and personal hygiene items.
Beyond these, you should have a medicine bag where you can store your medications (i.e. if you are on any regular medications). Other than that, you should keep some general medicines that can be used in the event of a common (but not critical) issue such as cold, flu, fever, diarrhea, allergies, altitude sickness and the like. You must also include a mini-first aid kit complete with adhesives, gauze and bandages, a thermometer, an antibacterial ointment and a pest repellant. Remember – the goal here is to keep your health-related safety issues covered.
Keep a Compact Carry-On Bag for your Personal Items
Having a carry-on bag is one of the most essential things you can ever have when on a trip abroad. This is primarily because airlines are known to misplace luggage. In the event that it does happen, your carry-on bag will ensure that you are not left stranded and can navigate your way in largely unfamiliar surroundings.
Your carry-on bag is meant to keep your most personal items, and by definition, should include your documents, personal gadgets (like mobiles, laptops, tablets and chargers), and basic toiletries. It is also wise to include an extra outfit (or two) that will prevent you from going through the hassle of rummaging through your luggage.
Organize your Documents:
When traveling abroad, having all your documents in place is extremely essential. Without your documents (or even with incomplete documents), your ideal trip could turn into a bureaucratic nightmare. To prevent that from happening, make sure to maintain a travel document organizer complete with all essential documents.
The documents that you must always have by your side includes:
- Passport and/or visa: A clear no-brainer, your passport is your ultimate identity when you are in a foreign country. Having a Visa, however, depends upon the rule of your destination country – some countries are visa-free, some require you to make a Visa on-arrival, while others require you to make one in advance. Make sure you have the right Visa that adheres to the rules.
- Company or Student ID: If you are a student or are traveling on behalf of a company, having an ID card will allow you to avail discounts from travel agencies and help you get the best deals for your time and money.
- Insurance documents: These come in handy in case of unwanted occurrences. Insurance should include health and travel insurance.
- Copies: Make sure to have at least two backup copies of all these documents so that you can navigate in case your primary organizer gets misplaced.
Make Yourself Safe and Secure:
In most places, travelers tend to be the most vulnerable group, being prime targets for thieves and pickpockets. Other than being vigilant to keep your belonging safe and tight, you must keep yourself as safe and possible against miscreants whose activities will only serve to cause you unwanted trouble on your otherwise ideal trip. Here are some things you must do:
- Keep valuables hidden: Nothing brings more unwanted attention than having your valuable belongings out in the open. For instance, don’t wear expensive jewelry out in public; keep them stashed in a safe box or bag.
- Lock your bags: Locking bags helps provide additional security to your luggage.
- Keep money stashed in different places: Having cards and money stashed in multiple places (like in pockets and shoes and in hidden wallets) allows you to have backups you can rely on in case your primary purse or wallet does get stolen or misplaces. When storing your cards, make sure that your wallets have RFID protection in order to prevent identity theft.
Prepare Your House:
This may sound very redundant, but when you are going away for a trip abroad (especially for an extended amount to time), keeping and making sure that your home stays in order should be a priority. Here are some things you can do to make sure that your home does not go into disarray while you are gone:
- Get your mails held: Nothing is more irritating that seeing your house (or the doorway) being filled with your letters and mails. To prevent this from happening, have your local post office hold them, and collect them only once you are back.
- Pause the newspaper delivery: Ask your newspaper delivery service to hold off on delivering newspapers for the duration of your trip.
- Arrange for care of your living belongings: Make sure to have a proper home for your pets and plants. Keep your pets in a pet creche and your plants somewhere where they can be watered on a regular basis (like a friend’s house).
- Arrange your appliances: Make sure that all the appliances you use are switched off, unplugged empty. This is especially applicable for appliances like refrigerators, where food items will perish and rot.
- Lock all doors and windows: This will help you keep your home safe while you are away.
- Pay your bills in advance: Paying your bills in advance helps you avoid the hassles of outstanding bills when you come back from your trip.
- Share your essentials with a trusted one: No matter how safe you keep yourself and your house, there will always be times when you may need someone to help you get out of a sticky situation. To keep on the safe side, make sure to share key things like a copy of your house keys and your itinerary with someone you trust, who can help you in case you need something.
Traveling is a beautiful thing – nothing is more enticing than being able to experience the way of life in of a new and unfamiliar place. Ask any frequent traveler and they will tell you that it is something you can never have enough of.
Frequent traveling, however, can be as tiring as it is rewarding - after all there are a lot of wear and tear and a fair amount of logistic skills involved in moving yourself (and your belongings) from place to place. Not to mention that things could go really awry should there be a hiccup within any of this.
When it comes to traveling, it is always better to be extra prepared. Here are some ways in which you can do exactly that, so that you can enjoy your trips without any hassles.
While this is one of the most boring aspects of any trip, packing well and ahead of time allows you to keep yourself from having to face the constant hassles of baggage-rummaging for every small thing just because you don’t know the place where things are kept.
The key to packing smart is to organize your most essential things in the most compact manner. The process, therefore, starts with making a list of all the items you need. Once you have that, you should organize them in a way that allows you to know exactly where things are kept so that you can access them with ease. Make sure that your baggage contain items that are travel-friendly, and that you are not carrying any fragile items that can break in transit.
Last but not the least, keep all your documents in once place, and make sure to have at least 2 copies that you can use in case of emergencies.
Keep your Airline Experience Smooth:
Most frequent travelers do not have the luxury of being able to book first class every single time. That said, there are ways to ensure that the airline travel experience does not turn into a recurring nightmare.
You can start by booking your flights in advance and through sites like Expedia and Kayak. Not only do such platform help you get the best value for money, they also help customize things like your layovers and help you get discounts on hotels. On the day of your flight, make sure to check in early to avoid having to stand in long queues. This also allows you to board your plane earlier, which in turn gives you the chance to choose your preferred option when it comes to seating.
Make sure that you know the baggage fee policy to avoid overspending or being forced to exclude luggage on the scene. Additionally, make sure to never keep your essential items in the luggage as they do often tend to get misplaced. Items like gadgets, money and documents must be kept in a carry-on bag that you must keep with you at all times.
Pay Attention to Money Matters:
Money is one of the most crucial things you need to have at hand when you are traveling frequently. The importance here is two-fold – you need to make sure that you spend your money wisely, and you need to make sure that you keep your money safe.
To keep your money safe, you must make sure to keep your wallet with you at all times. Additionally, you should also see to it that you have money stashed away in different places (like a secret pocket, a secret wallet, in-between your documents, etc.).
When it comes to travelling, having cashless sources are just as important – make sure you have a steady base of credit and debit cards. Make sure to keep them in a safe place and in a wallet that has RFID protection.
To save money, make sure that you keep your expenses in check and do not while away vital cash in any sort of temptations. To keep a cap on cash-spending, make sure to make use of loyalty cards, and avail services of hotels and establishments that can redeem loyalty points on those cards. This helps subsidize your charges.
Make an effort to stay fit
When one is busy traveling from one place to another, things like fitness and/or beauty regime often take a hit. While it is not to bad to be ignored for small and infrequent trips, it can turn really counterproductive for frequent travelers if their health turns for the worst.
Create a compact beauty regime that suits you and yet is compliant with the rigors of traveling. Make sure to keep your cosmetics in small, break-proof bottles.
Plan your meals in advance so that you are not lost when it comes to menu items. Pick items that are both budget and health friendly – the last thing you want is to suffer an allergy from something you know nothing about. Last but not the least, always ensure that you are drinking plenty of water. It is, after all, one of the most vital fluids that and you must never be short of it.
While finding a gym is next to impossible, you can keep your exercise routine by incorporating workouts that can be performed anywhere in private (like in your hotel room) and use smart equipment like resistance bands. Just make sure that you have your running shoes with you.
Be happy and cheerful!
Even if you’ve got everything planned and covered, there can (and will) always be times when things won’t go your way. Misunderstandings, misplaced goods, and other types of freak-outs can always happen for reasons beyond anyone’s control. Under such circumstances, always remember to smile and be in the present. After all, your trip is far too short to spend on being mad and bitter!
Being able to travel internationally is one of the best gifts of life – going to a foreign country and exploring the nitty-gritty of a new world opens your hearts and minds to new experiences that you never thought was possible.
Depending on your destination, traveling abroad can be a fairly simple to a very tedious affair. While some places function in a way that is similar to how things are being done at home, others can be totally different– and have very differing set of rules. In any case, a new country always means a new set of protocols that you must adhere to, and definitely don’t want to end up on the wrong side of.
Here are some tips that you should follow to keep your international travel experience as smooth as possible:
Keep Your Passport Up-To-Date:
Having a clear and up-to-date passport is the most important thing you can ever have when it comes to international travel. Even the slightest blemish on your passport can mean a great deal of trouble that could potentially ruin your travel experience. Make sure that your passport has at least two blank pages, and that the expiry date is at least six months from the day you make your return trip. The latter especially is very important as many countries do not allow individuals with a less than six months expiry date on their passports to avoid having overstayers with no valid passport to return home to.
Opt for a Suitable Insurance Policy:
No matter how much you keep yourself and your surroundings safe, mishaps can – and do – happen. After all, all those horror stories told by overseas tour operators and travel agents do come from somewhere.
While there is no way to keep yourself absolutely safe from mis-happenings, it is possible to protect yourself in case of a calamity through sound and valid insurance plans. Insurance plans can protect you against a variety of unexpected events – from illnesses, accidents and thefts, to riots and disasters – having one ensures that you are properly compensated for your troubles. Make sure to opt for a policy that suits the nature of your travels and your personal needs and requirements.
Pack Medication Beforehand:
Availability and legality of medicines vary from one country to another – what may be available in your country easily may not be available at all in another, or one that is available over-the-counter in your country may be a prescription-only drug in another.
In the event that you are on any regular medication – prescription or otherwise – make sure to have plenty of the medicines so that you don’t run short of it in the middle of your trip. Additionally, also make sure to have a copy of your doctor’s prescription (even for over-the-counter drugs) – so that in case you do have to buy medications abroad, you can do so without a hitch.
Regardless of whether or not you are on any medication, however, make sure to have some general medicines that can come in handy for common (but non-critical) medical issues such as common cold, flu, diarrhea. Also make sure to have general ointments for cuts and wounds.
Plan Your Airplane Ride in Advance:
With all the restrictions and regulations in place these days, traveling by-air can be a very tedious task. From booking to seating to packing – and everything in between – every aspect requires tact and care and special attention to the fact that you are not violating any rule. Dealing with such things can be difficult, and even the slightest of mistake can make things anywhere from uncomfortable to highly awry for you.
For starters, you must book your flight in advance with online travel sites such as Expedia or Kayak. Booking early reduces expense, while booking through online travel sites allows you to get the best deals available for your time and money and allow for discounted hotel bookings as well. Once you have booked your flight, make sure to research any airline restrictions for your carry-on baggage and luggage, so that you can pack your bags according to them (as opposed to going through the hassles of packing and unpacking in the security line).
Make yourself as safe as possible:
When it comes to visiting a new city – getting lost is a real possibility – and something that happens way more often than one can think of. Always make sure you have enough information to be able to return to your hotel – or any other familiar spot.
Apart from having the most up-to-date version of maps on your mobile, make sure to have a decent printed map (this comes in handy especially when you are out of connectivity). A local map will also help you communicate with others easier in case you need to show someone (like a cab driver) where you would like to go. Besides that, make sure to grab a business card of the hotel you are staying at – it can help you find your way back in case you lose your way.
Additionally, check out the local tourist information office – it often has plenty of good ideas for getting around safely in your new surroundings, and also lists potential risks that you could benefit staying away from.
One of the worst faux pas you can ever make as a tourist is to dress in a way that is inappropriate to the local population. Every country has its own rules and customs of dressing and violating them only would only serve to bring unwanted attention to yourself. Make sure that your attire is suitable for the atmosphere you are visiting and does not make you stick out like an ‘obvious foreigner.’
Spend All of Your Foreign Currency Abroad:
While it is fun to have some spare change of a foreign currency to keep and show as souvenirs, having international money in larger amounts is nothing but a waste in your home country. This is because currency exchanges that buy foreign currencies in your home countries from you is something that is rare (if not impossible) to find.
The best thing to do is spend as much foreign currency as possible abroad, and in case you do not need any, make sure to exchange it before you board your return flight.
Traveling abroad is no easy task – more so when you are traveling for business. The general rigors of traveling aside, business trips require a greater deal of organization and coordination, given that ultimate objective is to have things work out in the best interest of your work and/or business.
Here is a handy checklist that explains the essential items that you must include on your packing list for a smooth, hassle-free business trip.
While this isn’t exactly an item by definition, doing proper research is extremely essential to keep your business trip smoot. When you are traveling from one country to another, it is very important to know all that is necessary about your destination, so that you do not run into any unnecessary problems that prevent you from reaching your objective.
Here are some things you must know in advance:
- Local laws and regulations: Laws and regulations differ from one country to another – something that is completely legal in one country may be completely illegal in another. Having a knowledge about them will help you stay away from any potential trouble and/or inconveniences.
- Culture, customs and rules of etiquette: As with laws and regulations, every country has its own set of customs and rules of etiquette. Knowing about these will help you conduct your business more smoothly and make your travel experience more positive and fulfilling.
- Alerts and/or warnings (if any): Knowing about any potential risks (be it natural or man-made) in your destination country (if applicable) should always be a priority.
- Rules of entry: Rules of entry in a country depends completely upon the passport you hold. It is therefore imperative that you know the specific rules of entry for the destination country, so that you are not caught unaware and without the required documentation at crucial moments.
- Money matters: Currency varies from one country to another, and so does the rules of banking. Knowing about rates of exchange, banking rules, and ATM and transaction charges allows you to retain your purchasing power whilst utilizing your money in the best possible manner. It also helps you decide whether it is easier to exchange your money in your home or destination country.
Having your documents in place – literally and figuratively is extremely essential when you are abroad. Without that, you may end up in varying degrees of trouble that may completely disrupt your trip and its very purpose.
The most important documents that you must keep in-check are:
- Passport: Your passport is literally the most important document on the list. Without your passport, it will be impossible for you to even set foot on the airplane. Always make sure that your passport has at least two blank pages and remains valid for a minimum of six months after your return date. This is because some countries do not allow people with less than 6-month passport expiration date to enter in order to prevent them from overstaying. Make sure to have copies of your passport that you can use in case of emergencies.
- Visa: Rules for Visa differ depending on the passport you hold as well as your destination country’s rules, the reasons and the length of your stay. In the event that you are required to have a Foreign Visa beforehand, make sure it is UpToDate and well within your reach. It is good practice to keep it with your passport and have multiple copies. In other situations, you will be required get your visa upon arrival to your destination country.
- Airline Tickets: Having your airline tickets is a must. Without them, you will not be able to board your plane. A good practice in this regard is to book your flights in advance and keep the tickets close to where you keep your passport.
- Hotel Confirmation: Having a copy of your hotel confirmation helps you to keep your accommodation process seamless and can help you navigate better in a foreign country where you are not aware of all routes.
- Insurance: It is good practice to have a solid plan for health insurance and a plan for travel insurance – while the former will cover health issues, the latter will cover any disaster or other unforeseen event that may occur within the duration of your trip. Make sure that your plan is one that suits your particular requirement and does not expire in the short term.
- Prescriptions for medications: When it comes to medications, laws differ from one country to another. What may be over the counter for you, may be a prescription-only drug in another country. Therefore, if you are going to carry any medications, make sure to have a doctor’s prescription to avoid running into trouble with authorities. Having a doctor’s prescription also allows you to buy medications in case that is needed.
- Itineraries: Having your itinerary helps you conduct business more efficiently and waste as less time as possible. It also helps others (such as your staff and those you will me meeting with) know about your schedule and act accordingly.
- Maps and Guides: Maps and guides can (and should) be present on your devices in the form of downloaded files and apps. That said, you must also have hard copies of essential maps and guides which can help you in case your devices fail (due to lack of internet connectivity or lack of charge).
Gadgets and Electronics
In today’s day and age, when work is incomplete without the latest electronic gadgets and software. Here are the essential must-haves:
- Mobile phone: This one is a no-brainer – mobile phones are quite literally the lifeline of communications. Make sure that you have charging cords and that your phone is charged and has all things (like the OS and apps) updated.
- Laptop and/or tablet: Besides having a mobile, having a laptop and/or tablet is essential, especially for things like business presentations and the like.
- Plug converters: Plug and socket shapes vary from one country to another. Having a plug converter prevents you from being caught unaware and allows you make use of the power supply no matter what its format is.
- Portable battery charger: Having a portable charger or power bank proves helpful if you need to charge your devices but have no outlet you can use. Believe it or not, such situations crop up during travels all the time.
- Portable WiFi Hotspot: Portable WiFi helps keep connectivity, especially when it is least available. Not to mention that it will help you save hundreds in roaming charges.
- Flash Drives: Keeping copies of important files and presentations in flash drives will save you from the inconvenience of having to download them, especially when you are unsure regarding matters of internet connectivity.
Business Related Supplies:
Given that conducting business is the intention of your trip, it is important to have some basic business-related equipment handy. Here are some of the things that you must definitely include:
- Office Supplies: You do not need to carry your entire office stationery collection with you, but you do need to carry the essential items so that you can have your process in place. A simple portable office supplies kit includes pens, pencils, a notepad, paperclips, and sticky notes.
- Business Cards: Even if you are going to meet familiar faces, you must always have a few business cards ready with you. Not only do they help you introduce yourself better when meeting new people, they work as excellent name badges.
- Envelopes: Carrying enveloped (especially 10" x 13" envelopes) allows you to keep important documents such as letters, and store expense receipts safely.
Personal Care Products
Having your personal care products in place is an absolute must. Not only do they help you take care of your health best, they help you stay comfortable and save you from the hassle of having to buy and try out products during a time when you need to concentrate on your work and business.
Here are some must-have that you must include:
Purse and Wallet: Having a purse and wallet with essential items is a must. Must-haves for the purse include a pen and notepad, ID, breath mints and medications. Must have for the wallet include cash, ID and credit cards.
Clothes: Having the right clothes is important to maintain a good look whilst being comfortable. A good practice is to carry basic clothes that are comfortable and look good in formal situations. This includes a travel outfit (for traveling outside of the office) along with basic bottoms, a jacket or blazer, and tops/ blouses or sweaters (if applicable).
Cosmetics and toiletries: Your toiletries should include shampoo and conditioner, hairspray, face cleanser, toothbrush and toothpaste, a razor, and make-up. Make sure to pack them in a toiletry bag or a resealable plastic bag. Make sure to consider travel restrictions and keep the quantities of all liquids and gels within 3 ounces. Apart from these, make sure to pack a hand sanitizer, which can help you escape sticky situations.
Learn More By Visiting Our Sponsored Blog
Do incidents take place? Naturally. Rarely are they unpredictable and unavoidable occasions, like being struck by lightning. The majority of the time "accidents" are the outcome of someone's carelessness or wrongful conduct. Whether it is a roadway accident, an office accident, a medical incident, or even worse, when you have actually been hurt or damaged by somebody's neglect, it's time to think about legal advice from HefferonLaw.com a top accident attorney charlotte nc has to offer.
Why Your Attorney Ought To Come Into the Picture
For lots of accident victims, accident-related injuries can be life-changing, in a bad way. Without caution, your health or your life may be threatened. Your monetary health might be at threat if you are unable work. Medical expenses can bankrupt you or, at least, be a constant battle. Even routine jobs may be tough while recovering. And after all of that, you may be entrusted long-term physical constraints.
The moment you or a liked one ends up being a victim of personal injury in Charlotte, one of the many standard steps you must take is to discover a qualified lawyer to assist you comprehend your scenario and assert your rights. It is vital that you work with a knowledgeable personal injury law office to assist you navigate your alternatives as you seek financial healing. The legal procedure can be exceptionally complicated, requiring extremely trained and educated lawyers to explain your situation and optimize your claim.
Legal Know-how and Experience Matter
You can anticipate to hear from your friends and family about lawyers who they believe will give you sound representation. But are all legal representatives the same? Following are some fundamental questions you may want to ask before keeping their services, make sure to visit our website for more information:
Does your practice concentrate on personal injury? Consider only law office and lawyers whose practice concentrates on personal injury cases. Bear in mind that only when you retain an attorney with specialized skills can you anticipate ideal outcomes.
Are there similar cases in the past and what results did you obtain? It's not sufficient to discover an injury legal representative or law practice; it is even more crucial to discover one who has a performance history of success with comparable cases. While this does not guarantee the exact same success for you, it is a great way of evaluating how well your case will be managed.
Any referrals from your past clients? You require to be able to discover if their previous clients were pleased about the company's or lawyer's services. Possibilities are, you will end up feeling the way they did. Ask your picked professional for relevant referrals to your case.
For how long have you remained in this practice? Many people have little experience or info to go by in order to find the right lawyer. However since the result of your injury case may have a substantial impact on your future, it is best to maintain attorneys who have actually had a considerable variety of years in practice.
Hefferon & Hefferon: Personal Injury Law Office with a Sterling Credibility
Be very careful to whom you entrust with your personal injury case. Select a law practice with a quality track record for trusted legal representation with a high success rate of getting maximum payment for their clients. Learn more about how the leading Charlotte injury lawyers at Hefferon & Hefferon can help you.
For more than 30 years-- and with more than 60 years of combined experience-- Tom Hefferon and Paul Hefferon, have actually successfully obtained optimal settlement for their attorney service customers for such things as medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, scarring, long-term injury, and death occurring from "accidents" caused by the negligence or wrongful conduct of others.
You Can Also Find Hefferon Law At The Following Location:
Selecting a lawyer must not be a choice that is ignored, particularly because you are really putting your future in the hands of another person. To assist with that choice procedure, we spoke to Charlotte injury lawyers William H Harding Law to learn more, and there are particular requirements everybody needs to think about when searching for legal representation.
The value of knowledge in a lawyer can not be overemphasized. This is very important in cases that end up in lawsuits as you desire an attorney who has actually existed previously. Knowledge lawyers understand what techniques to utilize and when to utilize them. There is likewise a great deal of settlement that returns in forth in injury cases, so it is necessary to have the persistence to understand when to wait things out and when to have the decisiveness to settle. That all includes knowledge. Legal representatives who are knowledge in regional court systems likewise bring an included benefit, being so knowledgeable about topography.
When you discover yourself detained for a criminal offense, such as a DUI, you desire a criminal lawyer who concentrates on representing customers who deal with DUI charges. That sort of area of expertise enables customers to have the greatest opportunity of success. When you discover an attorney, who focuses on your kind of case, then it's time to analyze their abilities. Interaction abilities are vital in a great attorney as you wish to work with a lawyer who can describe every information of your case so that you complete understand the whole of your circumstance.
It is essential to be able to contact your attorney when the circumstance requires it. Working with a injury lawyer Charlotte NC, who is strained with customers, suggests that you most likely will be restricted when it concerns any individually attention. Make certain that your legal representative is available and efficient in addressing your concerns when it's essential. Lots of criminal cases and accident cases can present individuals to a fair bit of concern. Employing an attorney who is hardly ever readily available will just contribute to that concern.
Including a personal touch indicates taking an increased interest in every customer. That suggests including a little bit more care and attention to every case. Legal representatives who include that personal touch ended up being purchased their customers. While numerous attorneys have actually established a little a callous track record, those who offer a personal touch handle to make an enduring impression by revealing more listening and devotion.
The Law Offices of William H. Harding is all set to supply you with charlotte accident attorneys or a criminal defense attorney, who can fulfill all your legal requirements. Our group will go that additional mile to offer you with a top-notch mishap lawyer. Discover more at www.williamhharding.com
You Can Also Find William Harding Law At The Following Locations:
Workers' compensation advantages secure and attend to individuals who are hurt on the task. These advantages can be momentary and can likewise result in long-term special needs advantages ought to an injury be long-lasting. Prior to getting associated with a workers' compensation claim, it is very important to understand some fundamentals. We spoke to personal injury lawyer columbia sc auto accidents attorney leip law to learn more.
The term "no fault" is utilized to explain workers' compensation cases. This implies it is unimportant how you sustained an injury. If you are hurt on the task, even by your own negligence, you are qualified for workers' compensation advantages. The only thing that would disqualify you is intentionally injuring yourself. South Carolina is a "no fault" state when it concerns workers' compensation.
In case you are hurt at work, the primary step to getting workers' compensation is to report the event immediately. This indicates supplying composed notification of the occurrence to your remarkable. Make a copy of that report and keep one for your own records. The longer you wait, the harder it might be to get advantages.
A company who is irresponsible will not be required to pay more due to the fact that of that carelessness as it does not have differing degrees. And there might be more types of payments than individuals recognize. Medical-related services that go beyond 10 miles in range need compensation for travel costs. There are a great deal of subtleties that support workers' compensation advantages. Make sure to speak with your injury lawyer to learn more about your situation and available payments.
Insurance provider will generally examine claims and might even depend on security video to confirm the claim is genuine. They might likewise talk to other staff members, that makes it essential to be completely forthright when suing.
After reporting a job-related injury, your company must supply with a list of medical companies you can look for. These suppliers are expected to be covered by business insurance coverage and will not need you to pay of pocket. You are totally free to get a 2nd viewpoint or see your medical professional of option. Business are needed to have a list of service providers on hand.
It is not unusual for a business to reject workers' compensation claim. That does not represent the end. You might then work with a workers' compensation attorney to submit a legal claim which will eventually be picked by a judge. These claims usually take anywhere from 4 months to a year to settle.
If you were hurt on the task, discover more about what you are entitled to get from a South Carolina workers' compensation attorney at leiplaw.
You Can Also Find LEIP Law At The Following Locations:
Plastic surgery isn't really simply for the abundant and popular any longer. Gone are the days when just stars and wealthy individuals would have unique access to these innovations that eventually made them look great and feel even much better about themselves.
Life-altering as they are, various plastic surgery charlotte treatments are carried out 1.6 million times annual. A research study performed by The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Inc. exposed that surgical and non-surgical plastic surgery treatments are anticipated to continue to increase throughout 2015. Increased awareness, much better economy and an increased level of trust by customers are the most significant aspects for this increasing pattern.
Even as the market is taking pleasure in huge appeal amongst males and females, the concern stays: Exactly what encourages individuals to state yes to cosmetic surgery? The factors differ and, contrary to typical understanding, they definitely surpass vanity:
Individuals are constantly in pursuit of physical charm and vary considerably in exactly what they want as developments in plastic surgery allow us to accomplish those requirements in a reasonable and healthy method. Even individuals whom we believe have the best nose, eyes, lips, cheeks or chin can discover something incorrect in themselves and would desire to have actually something altered if they could.
An useful factor for going through facial surgery is to bring back one's look following mishaps that trigger injury or significant physical modifications. For individuals who were born with genetic defects such as cleft lip and taste buds, extending or extremely big ears and other facial defects, plastic surgery can bring back both function and look. Occasionally this may even include Skinpen Microneedling services as well, make sure to ask your doctor for more information.
Health factors. In some cases, individuals are forced to go under the knife as an outcome of health problems. Individuals who have actually effectively fought versus skin cancer can turn to cosmetic and reconstructive treatments to restore their look and bring back their self-confidence.
Discover A Credible Group of Specialists
With modern-day surgery innovations and modern devices, typical and unusual facial issues can be treated-- however that's not all there is to it. It is similarly essential to discover no less than the most certified cosmetic surgeon with competence and experience in the field.
In Charlotte NC Ballantyne Cosmetic surgery assures to offer clients professional care from the finest group of board-certified cosmetic surgeon and service technicians led by Thomas G. Liszka, MD. Given that 1993, Dr. Liszka has actually assisted numerous pleased clients accomplish their individual plastic surgeon objectives with his aid and care.
As a client, you have to recognize that delegating your face or body to the incorrect hands can have destructive impacts-- as well as threaten your life! Find out more about Ballantyne Cosmetic surgery by checking out http://ballantyneplasticsurgery.com/ and have the comfort you should have as you choose to go under the knife.
You can also find Ballantyne Plastic Surgery at the following locations:
If you live in North Carolina, then a bill recently passed into law by the N.C. Legislature might give you some relief from taxes. The bill was vetoed by Governor Roy Cooper, but the Legislature overrode his veto to pass the bill on June 28, 2017. The new law makes three beneficial changes to the State’s current tax code that you will want to be aware of as a resident of North Carolina. These three changes will become effective at the beginning of the 2019 year, except for the corporate income tax rate as stated below. The bill also set forth a budget plan and created an incentive program to bring new jobs to the state. If you or anyone you know should need advise on this new legislature please contact our office at Mcgrath & Spielberger; we also specialize in corporate and business contract law services.
The personal income tax rate will drop to 5.25% for a taxpayer’s North Carolina taxable income. The 2017 personal income tax rate is 5.499%.
The corporate income tax rate will drop to 3% for every C corporation doing business in the State, effective as of January 1, 2017. The corporate income tax rate will drop even further to 2.5% for taxable years beginning January 1, 2019. The current corporate income tax rate is 4%. New corporate tax rates may bring about a spring of new business in North Carolina. If you need any help with you Limited Liability Company registration and management services, this is also a service we can provide and have extensive experience with.
Additionally, each filing status will see an increase in the standard deduction.
Married, filing jointly/surviving spouse $20,000 (currently $17,500)
Head of Household $15,000 (currently $14,000)
Single $10,000 (currently $8,750)
Married, filing separately $10,000 (currently $8,750)
Kelly J. Brown is licensed to practice law in North Carolina, South Carolina, and U.S. Tax Court. Her areas of practice include business law, tax, real estate, and mortgage disputes. She also uses her Master’s in Tax Law and Master’s in Business Administration to assist her clients.
You can also find McGrath & Spielberger at the following locations:
The staff at Southpark Family Law Charlotte NC can aid if you are seeking out a split at any age. There are numerous issues in each split that it is crucial to have an equipped split lawyer on your side. Southpark Family Law is prepared to provide you with an experienced family law lawyer who can ease you through the split experience.
Divorce is a thing that has no time restriction as aging couples are among the various Americans who separation each year. While child custody is not consistently a complication in these splits, your retirement rewards and coverage plans can play an essential part. Here's a look into the essential aspects of a separation among elderly couples.
Retirement Life Plans
That equilibrium is thought of to be the marital portion, which will be split up in the separation. How that harmony is divided all depends upon the split proceeding. Collaborative separations are cleared up amicably while other separations revert to a judge's ruling when it comes to splitting that equilibrium.
Life coverage policies also need to be corrected and women who are acquiring alimony may want to think of purchasing a life coverage policy should anything at all happen to their ex-husband. Aging couples also need to think of the costs of disability coverage, which is higher for aging individuals.
A QDRO (Qualified Domestic Relations Order) in also remarkable in 'gray' separations. This is a legal mandate that allows a significant other to obtain money from a retirement life plan or account. That money can also be relocated to the husband or wife's IRA as there are commonly percentage deductions when that money is relocated directly.
You can also find Southpark Family Law at the following places:
Just like other organization, there are professional roofers out there planning to make a fast buck by capitalizing on clients’ weaknesses. There are a selection of shady strategies some contractors will use to press cash from homeowners and companies. Check out some underhanded roof repair and replacement methods to look for and avoid.
Cash In Advance
Any kind of roofing contractor that asks for monies up front should be stared at with wary looking eyes. That look of skepticism is justified because reliable roof businesses have enough products and tools to get the work done without need your cash in advance.
Roofing Professionals Who Seek You Out
Premium roof covering firms usually do not try to get brand-new service by calling you directly. With that said, they will certainly not go soliciting in-person to sell you a new roofing system. They also will not contact you in the aftermath of natural disaster. Even worse, some dishonest service providers will bait customers by providing a free estimate to get a foot in the door then inflict their own damages to ensure themselves more money.
The Roofing Contractor / Claims Adjuster
Some roofing firms have asserted to be insurance coverage adjusters also. These are roofing companies claiming they can access a process an insurance claim as well as complete roof repairs. First, know that this is strictly prohibited by law. Legal as it maybe, this is a popular method used most often following destructive natural disasters.
Off the top of their heads, most people could not tell you the cost of roofing material. That is why it is a smart idea to acquaint on your own with the expense of products. Ask your service provider which brand name of products is going to be made use of and ask if there is a mark-up. You could also ask for invoices and get an estimate straight from the supplier.
Not fully insured
Hiring an under-insured company to work on your property can end up being a very costly decision for you if something happen to go wrong. If damages or injury occur during the work, you can be held fully responsible for monetary compensation. Roofing firms have certifications showing that are totally guaranteed safe. This should consist of basic liability and workers' payment. To further validate that the certification is genuine, speak to the insurance provider yourself.
Built on the foundation of honesty and also stability, Rose Roofing has become one of the most relied on roofers Charlotte NC has to supply. When it's time for roof repair or roofing system replacement on your residence or business, speak to the group of experienced, completely insured specialists at Rose Roofing.
You can also find Rose Roofing at the following places:
I have actually been in the web marketing field for 15 years and if there is something I have definitely learned, it is that you must follow two fundamental rules to be effectively marketing your business (or site) online. Online marketing is constantly progressing however these two staples will always stay strong.
Initially, we have to make our customers delighted. We need to offer them an easy way to access the information they are searching for whether looking for services they need or items they wish to buy. A website design has to work successfully on all available gadgets and platforms; including cellphones, tablets and PC along with browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer & Firefox. With all the new technology in cordless interactions it is important for us to have our message plainly showed at all times.
The second rule we need to follow to be effective online is to keep Google pleased. I do not understand exactly what search engine your using but in accordance with searchenginewatch "Google holds a staggering 67.6 percent of the U.S. online search engine market share" and goes on to say that "Bing stayed a remote 2nd with 18.7 percent". This, I think is put simply, Google brings back much better and more pertinent search engine result.
The leads online marketing charlotte nc personal opinion puts Google above all the competitors on practically every search. When using other engines, I always feel like the outcomes are not as customized to my searched keywords and phrases. Google has actually figured it out; they understand that if they keep users returning to them whenever they are looking for a product and services that they will continue to make over a billion dollars a week! That's over 5 million dollars per hour in accordance with MOZ.
Don't take faster ways
I often see people finding brand-new methods to rank at the top of the search engines using any methods possible. Here is the issue, you have some of the smartest people in the world working for Google, so much so they are making films about getting a job with Google!
They are generally called something adorable like panda, penguin, or hummingbird however will you still believe it is so charming when your website is punished? The majority of experts are now saying that if your site gets among these penalties you are better off starting over with a fresh URL and clean content. Every year you find out about a new animal signing up with the Google Zoo. My advice is to stay off the radar. If you are going to do your very own marketing then be sure you avoid the faster ways or use a trusted company.
Discover more about our services at https://leadsonlinemarketing.com/
You can also find Leads Online Marketing at the following places: